Official Documents of the Holy and Great Council of the Orthodox Church
- Encyclical of the Holy and Great Council of the Orthodox Church
- Message of the Holy and Great Council of the Orthodox Church
- The Importance of Fasting and Its Observance Today
- Relations of the Orthodox Church with the Rest of the Christian World
- Autonomy and the Means by Which it is Proclaimed
- The Orthodox Diaspora
- The Sacrament of Marriage and its Impediments
- The Mission of the Orthodox Church in Today’s World
News Bulletin Number 3
During the morning session on Wednesday 22nd June 2016, His All-Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, expressed warm wishes on behalf of the sacred body to His Eminence Eusebios the Metropolitan of Samos on the occasion of his name day. He went on to announce that the texts on the Mission of the Orthodox Church in today's world and on the Orthodox Diaspora had not received final endorsement and signature on account of the fact that their translation into Russian had not yet been completed and he introduced for discussion the text about Autonomy and the manner in which it is proclaimed.
News Bulletin Number 2
During the first morning session on Tuesday, 21 June, His All-Holiness the Ecumenical Patriarch condemned the demonstrations organised to exploit groups of naïve or zealous believers every ready to oppose the Holy and Great Council. He prayed that the great fire in Cyprus would be swiftly extinguished.
News Bulletin Number 1
The Holy and Great Council of the Orthodox Church commenced on the Sunday of Pentecost, 19 June 2016, with the Pan-Orthodox concelebration of all the Primates of the participating Orthodox Churches, in the Holy Cathedral Church of St. Minas in Heraklion and, on the following day, Monday 20 June 2016, with the Divine Liturgy for the Feast of the Holy Spirit, at the Holy Patriarchal and Stavropegial Monastery of Gonias.
Official Social Media Channels
View the official photo gallery.
View recordings of the daily press briefings, divine services, and the opening session.
Speeches and Addresses
- Address for the Opening Session of the Holy and Great Council by His Beatitude Archbishop Rastislav of Czech Lands and Slovakia
- Αναστάσιος, Αρχιεπίσκοπος Tιράνων, Δυρραχίου και πάσης Αλβανίας - Εναρκτήρια Συνεδρίαση της Αγίας και Μεγάλης Συνόδου